Carl David Ceder, The DFW Defender, attended the Red McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin and graduated in less than three years with a Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance, and a double minor in Accounting and Management. After working for two years in the Finance industry for Goldman Sachs, he decided to redirect his career to pursue his dream of practicing law as a Trial Attorney. Carl then went to the University of Houston Law Center determined to one day advocate in a courtroom setting for individuals in need. Carl excelled in many advocacy-related activities while in law school, and always sought every opportunity to hone his skill and experience in the courtroom. Carl was a traveling member of the Interscholastic Mock Trial Team while at the University of Houston, and learned there the foundation of what it would take to be successful as an advocate. Carl graduated from law school in just over two years, earning his Juris Doctorate in December of 2007.
Carl graduated salutatorian (2nd out of 436 students) from Austin Lanier High School, an accomplishment he is still very proud of to this day. Carl started both ways for his high school football team, including the 1998 26-4A district champion Lanier Vikings. Carl played and was coached by his father, Dennis Ceder, a former Texas High School Football Coach. Carl's father held a relentless pursuit of perfection as a football coach, tirelessly working to ensure his teams were always competing at their full potential. Carl believes the same fundamentals that led to success on the football field for his father (focus, preparation, intensity, and commitment) also apply to winning in the courtroom.
Carl believes the same fundamentals which lead to success in football apply to winning in trial. From his perspective, the work devoted to achieve success is virtually the same. Carl is deeply inspired by the words of Vince Lombardi, and strives to live by the meaning of his words on "commitment" as guideline on how to approach his representation with his legal practice. Motivational quotes by Vince Lombardi:
"Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time."
"Unless a man believes in himself and makes a total commitment to his career and puts everything he has into it – his mind, his body, his heart – what’s life worth to him?"
"Once a man has made a commitment to a way of life, he puts the greatest strength in the world behind him. It’s something we call heart power. Once a man has made this commitment, nothing will stop him short of success."
"The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
"I would say that the quality of each man’s life is the full measure of that man’s commitment of excellence and victory – whether it be football, whether it be business, whether it be politics or government or what have you."
Criminal Defense Attorney
Carl has practiced criminal defense since first obtaining his license to practice law. While many in the field boast of their experience working for the state as a prosecutor, Carl is proud to have NEVER worked to put an individual in jail. Instead, he has ALWAYS focused his practice on defending the rights of the accused. Carl has experience in all matters relating to criminal defense, and has the ability to represent anyone charged with a crime anywhere in the Dallas-Forth metroplex, including Dallas County, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, and all adjoining counties. He has a passionate desire in representing the accused in court and is always ready and willing to do everything in his power to work to help achieve a positive result. Regardless of the nature of the proceeding, Carl will always promise those he represents that he will tirelessly work to do everything in his power to help ensure that their rights are always protected.
Personal Injury Attorney
Carl has handled a wide variety of personal injury claims. It is crucial to entrust your personal injury case to an attorney with the steadfast determination to challenge insurance companies to provide the injured with the compensation they deserve. If you are seeking an attorney to represent you in a matter relating to an injury caused as the result of the negligence of another, please call The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, at 214.702.CARL (2275) immediately to discuss your case. Simply put, insurance companies will do everything in their power to avoid paying what a claim is worth. The bottom line is they make money if you don't. They routinely deny legitimate claims, thereby placing profits over people. Therefore, it is extremely vital to entrust your case with a Personal Injury Attorney who will vigorously protect your rights.
Family Law Attorney
The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, can handle a wide variety of family law cases in and around the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, including divorces, child support, child modifications, orders of protection, adoptions, and probate proceedings. Emotions usually run extremely high in family law matters, especially in ones involving the care and custody of children. Interestingly enough, sometimes people get more emotionally involved in family law cases than with criminal charges. Carl believes this a direct result to how deeply people care for the future and well-being of their children. Because of this, it is obvious you need a family law attorney you can trust. It is important to make sure your rights are defended when going through the difficult process a family law case usually entails. Carl will always pledge that he will work to make sure your case is handled with care.
DWI Defense Attorney
Carl has further specialized his practice in criminal law on charges related specifically to Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving Under The Influence (DUI) charges. Carl has conducted jury trials in 10 different counties in DWI & DUI cases over the course of his career across the State of Texas, including Felony and Breath Test DWI cases. Given his past training and background, Carl has the proper knowledge to evaluate your case. While every case is unique, any DWI case is potentially winnable. While each case is different, The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC will firmly pledge to diligently work to make sure that the best possible outcome is reached. Carl has made a deep commitment to be on the forefront of DWI Defense, regularly attending seminars around the country to ensure he has every resource available to fight any case he undertakes.
The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, is committed to staying on the cutting edge of DWI Defense by regularly attending seminars and different CLE events on the subject. Carl is Certified in NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, which is the same certification arresting officers receive at the police academy when learning how to properly conduct a DWI investigation. He has also received Certification as a Field Sobriety Testing Instructor, which means he is qualified to actually teach Standardized Field Sobriety Testing to police officers. A Carl is also a Certified Technician of the Intoxilyzer 5000, which is the Breath Testing device used by law enforcement in Texas. Additionally, Carl has received Advanced Training in the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) Test, which is one of the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests used by police officers to determine whether someone may have been Driving While Intoxicated. He has also completed a NHTSA Drug Evaluation and Classification (DRE) Course, which is the functional equivalent to the ARIDE Program (Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement).
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Completed the Breath Alcohol Technician Course of the Intoxilyzer 5000EN according to the United States Department of Transportation Code Federal Regulations 49 Part 40 by Dr. Jan Semenoff
- Completed Advanced Training in the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests, specifically focused on Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN): Vision Science Perspectives by Dr. Steve Rubenzer
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Update Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)/International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Drug Evaluation and Classification Program (DRE) Overview Course by Dr. Lance Platt
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar 7th Annual Top Gun DWI : A Blood Test Trial From Start To Finish in Houston, Texas
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar Highs, Lows, and the Deep Ellum Blues: Defending the Drug Case in Dallas, Texas
- Attended the 13th Annual NACDL & NCDD seminar DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity Ultimate DUI Defense: Strategies for the Courtroom Warrior in Las Vegas, Nevada at Caesar's Palace Hotel & Casino
- Attended the TCDLA Seminar Stuart Kinard Memorial Advanced DWI Seminar in San Antonio, Texas
- Attended the TCDLA Sexual Assault Criminal Defense Seminar in Fort Worth, Texas
- Attended the 2011 TCDLA Seminar Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI/DUI Cases in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Attended the 2011 TCDLA Seminar DWI Defense Project in Arlington, Texas
- Attended the 2011 Texas State Bar's 37th Annual Advanced Criminal Law Course in Houston, Texas
- Attended the 2012 Center for American and International Law (CAILAW) Seminar Jury Selection & Communicating with Jurors for the Defense in Criminal Cases
- Attended the 2012 TCDLA Seminar DWI Defense Project in Arlington, Texas
- Completed the 2012 9th Annual Center for American and International Law (CAILAW): Criminal Defense Trial Skills & Trial Law Program - A Program For The Defense
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA)
- Dallas-Fort Worth Chair: TCDLA Young Lawyers Committee
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD)
- United States Federal District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States Federal District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Federal District Court, Northern District of Texas